- This event has passed.
FS: Petalune’s Herbs for Winter Immunity
November 5, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$30 – $45
As the season changes, and our clocks skip forward into winter, amazing herbalist Dawn Petter will share her in depth knowledge of healing plants to prepare and strengthen ourselves
Herbs for Winter Immunity:
In this class we will learn how to strengthen our immunity in preparation for the cold and flu season. Several Traditional recipes will be demonstrated with tastings, and the herbal actions of each ingredient will be discussed.
What will you learn specifically:
- How to make an immune boosting decoction of astragalus and shiitake and the benefits of Vitamin D, (which has been found in shiitake)
- How to make a herbal oxymel using elderberries.
- How to make fire cider; a traditional recipe popularized by renowned herbalist Rosemary Gladstar. The recipe uses garlic, onions, turmeric, horseradish, cayenne and raw apple cider vinegar. We will discuss the magical benefits of each of the ingredients
- How to make an anti microbial, medicinal honey.
- we will talk about how to make an overnight antimicrobial onlon syrup
- we will talk about Echinacea and boneset. We may discuss other topics and herbs as the class will have a little flexibility in structure towards the end.
With a passion and vast knowledge of herbs and a prolific career in design, Dawn Petter is a clinical herbalist, healer and flower essence practitioner based in NYC.
Dawn leads herb walks and teaches classes at venues, including; the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, the New York Open Center, 92 Street Y, Brooklyn Grange, Brooklyn Brainery, the Rudolph Steiner School, the Alchemist’s Kitchen and the Just Food Conference.
Her classes are imaginative and accessible and are taught to encourage students to use herbal medicine in their daily lives. She incorporates her herbal training with her natural wit and creative flare for a unique learning experience.
As a clinical herbalist and flower essence practitioner, Dawn works with clients by appointment to offer support on an individual basis. Her studies have included completing a three year program at Arbor Vitae School of Traditional Herbalism, a 300 hour yoga teacher training, extensive studies in quantum healing and flower essence trainings with both Delta Gardens and Findhorn Essences.
Dawn is also the creator of online apothecary shop, Petalune Herbals, which makes hand crafted herbal products using sustainably harvested, wild and organic plants and essential oils.
To learn more about Dawn’s work as an Herbalist, visit www.petaluneherbals.com. For further inquiries and purchasing contact email@example.com
$30 Week of Workshop Registration (ends Saturday at Noon, Nov 4)
$35 at the Door